Friday, October 01, 2004

Dead Link Bloodhound

Have you ever clicked a link only to
get a page not found error?

Well, I know I have so today I pulled
out my dusty copy of Dead Link Bloodhound
to test the links on my newest page
http://www.friendswhocare.us/forum.htm

Now since I had copied all the links
on this page from other pages, I felt
confident that they would all work. You
can only imagine how surprised I was
whenI found that I had 2 dead links.

Well, I learned my lesson. I fixed the
links on the new page, checked the
links on the page I had copied them from -
and intend to keep my copy of Dead Link
Bloodhound out for awhile while I do some
more checking on some of my other pages.

I don't know why I haven't been using
this tool all along since it only takes a
couple of seconds to check all the links -
but I haven't.

Please don't make the same mistake I
made by not checking all the links on all
your pages. Broken links frustrate site
visitors and cost you customers.

If you have only a few pages with only a
few links you can check them manually.
But if you're like me and have more than
a few pages and lots of links, you need
a tool like Dead Link Bloodhound to get
the job done - fast.

To Your Success,
Susan

PS - It's a great inexpensive tool that more
of us should be using and it comes with full
resale rights.

No comments: