Monday, January 10, 2005

I Am Starting A Test

Background for test:

I'm a big user of start page exchanges.
In fact, that's how I gained a lot of
my subscribers - both by using them and
giving away an e-book with 30 of them
along with a way to use them efficiently.

And while I no longer give the e-book
away or advertise the way to surf several
at the same time, I still do use my
method to surf 5 of them every week.

Reason for test:

Unfortunately over the last several
months I have noticed that my PC is loaded
with spyware after surfing on the start
page programs I use. I don't know if
some of it comes from all of them or
if some of it comes from some of them or
if all of it comes from one of them.

The test:

This week I am going to start a test
where I surf each of the 5 seperately
without the use of the tool that allows
me to surf multiple exchanges at the
same time. If I can identify which ones
run clean and which ones give me "crap"
I'll share the results. If I find they
all run clean that means that the tool
I use is loading the "junk" and I'll
share that info also.

To Your Success,
Susan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

I share your experiences and look forward to your test results.

To all, a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous day!

Paul McGregor

Susan Carroll said...

Hi Paul,

Sorry to say I haven't made any more progress other than discover that when I disabled my MDT account and did some surfing on my other exchanges I got more infected than with MDT.

I will try to clean some of it off before proceeding to test and think I'll go with TrafficSwarm next.

Thanks for writing,

Susan Carroll
FriendsWhoCare Newsletter